It's April and that means that we've been in our new home for a month now. How crazy the thought still is to me....we live in Billings! But I can honestly say that it feels like home now. I no longer have the feeling that I'll be headed 'home' any minute. Our house is completely unpacked and set up. Even the basement is! Check out the before and after pics:
Before...so sad....
And After!!! A little prettier. :) When we were home last, we grabbed some carpet remnants and brought them back. We threw them down so that the kiddos have some cushion when they're playing in the basement. And I was surprised at how much warmer the basement is now!
Yes, we still have some boxes that probably won't be unpacked because there is no room, but oh well. And Bryson has a little area to shoot hoops!! :)
I was hoping the curtains would cover the mass of junk that we have hidden and I think they're doing a good job. :)
Oh a side note...Ayla dressed herself this evening...in a swimsuit top, half sweater, her yellow flowie skirt and blue dress shoes....ohh.....
So getting the basement all set up for the kiddos was a huge weight off our shoulders. Now they have a nice little area to play...with a couple spiders...and yes, the exterminator will be here Monday. :)
Nate's loving his new job. He is so proud of the company he works for and is excited to pass his test to be an official Switchman. The end of April he has his test and we're praying that he does well.
Bryson is still struggling with his potty training. He's doing great on the potty end of things, but the Number 2 is a completely different story. We've tried everything we can think of and nothing seems to do the trick. It's so completely frustrating and at the end of most days, I'm at my witts end. If I never had to pick up poop from the floor again, I'd be ok.
My sweet Ayla is doing great. She's loving having her daddy home every day and is thriving in her new home. We have signed her up for Kindergarten at Trinity Lutheran School and we are thrilled. We had a tour and met her teacher and it just fits. We're overjoyed with her new school and feel at peace with our decision.
As for me, I am meeting new friends and getting myself plugged in at our new church. The people in Billings are absolutely lovely. I've met some incredibly sweet new friends and am so thankful for them opening up their arms and their lives. It's been a treat getting to know them. I find myself missing my Missoula friends more and more each day. I think that's the only thing I'm still struggling with. My Missoula friends were and are the best friends I've ever had and it just breaks my heart that I can't hop in the car and have coffee with them. But because of the wonderful people they are and for the amazing love they have shown me, I feel good in knowing that I have the strength to reach out and make friends here. Thank you to each and every one of you...I love you dearly and pray for you often. :)
So, that just about wraps it up for us! We thank you all for praying for us in this time of transition. We are slowly but surely getting where we need to be!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment