Things have changed. To say the least. The problem I'm facing is, where do I even start explaining? I guess I'll just start from where my blog left off....Billings.
Oh Billings. Our home away from home. If someone had told me that I'd be moving back to Missoula only six weeks after we'd left, I would have laughed hysterically, sobbed like a baby and bear hugged them all at the same time. Wait a second...that's exactly what I did. Many, many times. And truthfully, I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Billings became our new start. Nate had been in North Dakota for eight months before hearing that he had been hired to work for MRL. We were so extremely excited that he would have such an amazing job and that we'd all be together again. Knowing that we would have to move to Billings was definitely hard to wrap our heads around, but once we did....we were excited. I was looking forward to finally having my family together again. To have financial security. To have benefits. To start over. We packed up our home, said goodbye to our family and friends and headed out.
We had a great time getting to know our new community, our new church and our new friends. The people in Billings are hands down the nicest people I've ever been around. Sweet to the core. They embraced us with open arms and made us feel right at home. We snuggled into our new home and got used to our new schedule...or lack there of.
But what we weren't expecting was the MRL job not being the dream job for Nate. It just wasn't what he wanted to do. And, as his wife, I couldn't ask him to do something he didn't enjoy doing. I needed to support him and together we made the choice to come back home.
So here we are! Back home and I can't say I'm too sad about it. I have my best friends close by, our family is a hop, skip and jump away and well...my mom...well...we're kinda living with her. So, she's super close too! We are getting close to breaking ground on our new home. I have a feeling that building this new house will be a labor of love that will only strengthen our little family. I am so excited for it!!
I thank everyone that has been praying for us during this extremely difficult time. I have broken down crying more times in the last year than I have my whole life. For those of you close friends, you can attest to that! Sometimes it takes stepping away from your comfort zone to make you realize how good you have it. I'm praying that that was the lesson we were supposed to learn throughout all of this. And praying that I don't have to buy anymore boxes of Kleenex for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment