Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Friends

One of the biggest blessings I have been given since staying home with my kids is my bible study.  I always knew that if I had the opportunity to stay home, I wanted so badly to get more connected with my church.  Well, for cryin' out loud, I have attended MAC since college and I hardly know anyone.  I've actually never really been a part of a bible study.  I've gone to ONE.  Seriously.  One night.  That's it.  So, I was actually kinda giddy to start going.  And OMG, it's been awesome!  We have been doing an awesome study of Esther with the wonderful Beth Moore...really...how great is she?!?!  It's been fantastic to dig deeper in the word and discuss how 'It's Tough Being a Woman' with other ladies.  Phew...awesome.  Not only was I excited to dig into the word, I was so very excited to meet other young moms.  And oh how I have!  A couple of the gals in the study are new to me and others are old friends.  I get SO excited to go every Thursday morning, knowing that I get to have some 'me' time and hang out with my new friends.  It's been such a gift.  I am so very thankful for each one of the ladies that I get to visit with on Thursday mornings.  I know that some of us are still somewhat strangers, but I am SO excited to see our friendships grow.  It's so nice to be able to talk openly with other moms, who are experiencing some of the same situations that I am.  And to know that I am speaking with women of faith, who have a heart for the Lord...that's just priceless.  Thank you to each one of you beautiful women...you are amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you joined the Bible Study! You are such a sweet heart and so much fun! I can't wait to get to know you even better!

    ReplyDelete