Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our first week

Ayla curling Daddy's hair
What a GREAT week it has been!!!  I know that I write a lot about how excited I am to be staying home with my kids, but that's the main thing that's occupying my mind as of late.  I'm not going to lie and say that it's been smooth sailing and there were no crying fits or melt downs, but I can honestly say that I'm just feeling so blessed to be the one with them as they have their 'moments'.


Bryson trying on Ayla's play shoes

The kids and I are still adjusting to our new 'normal' and I could really tell by the end of the week that we were all grasping our new reality.  I'm learning new things about my kids that I'm ashamed to say I never knew.  How sad is that?  My kids are so young and yet there is so much about them that I just don't know.  For example, I have always known that my daughter is picky about what she eats, but I never understood the severity of her pickiness.  OMG!  Trying to find things that she'll eat has become my newest mission.  For cryin' out loud...she won't even eat the oatmeal cookies that she and I made...but by golly she'll eat the dough!  WHAT???  Then there is my little Bryson.  I have been extremely nervous that he isn't a big talker, especially since his sister has been talking since as long as we can remember.  And the part that made me the most nervous is that he could care less about even TRYING to talk.  He was quite fine talking or even TRYING to talk.  Didn't bother him at all.  But I've been finding that the more one on one time I'm able to spend with him, the more he's talking!!!  It's so encouraging and is showing me that our decision for me to stay home was the right decision.

I know that this is only the first week and everything is new and shiney and perfect.  But I realize that the time will come when the funds become tighter and I will start stressing about the money that we DON'T have.  The Lord knows that this is the subject in my life that I stress the most about.  But believe you me, I will in no way, shape or form regret the decision that my husband and I made.  I've waited a very long time to be able to stay home with my babies.  They are the light of my life.  I have prayed for this opportunity since my daughter was born almost four years ago.  All I can say is GOD IS GOOD!!  And bring on many, many more weeks!!  We're ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment