I am happy to report that I am now officially a STAY-AT-HOME MOMMY!!! Yesterday was my last day of work and honestly was easier than I thought it was going to be. I thought I would be melting down all day (I even brought my make-up bag with me...just in case I had to re-do the mascara!!) knowing that I wouldn't be returning to chat with all my girls on Monday, but that just didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my girls at RMEC and am was so sad to say goodbye, but Friday the schedule was busy! I felt like I was constantly running all day and before I knew it, it was 5:00 and time to head out. I said a couple goodbyes and for the last time, clocked out. It was a strange feeling to walk myself out of the clinic knowing that I wouldn't be entering through the 'Employees Only' doors for awhile. But knowing I was headed to The Depot to celebrate with my girls was keeping me going.
At The Depot, we enjoyed some drinks and appetizers and of course some good ol' chit chat. Looking around the table at my different friends, I truly felt blessed. What sweet, wonderful women I have had to opportunity to get to know. I was on cloud nine. Then the time came to pay our tabs and head home. Ugh. The goodbyes were next. Hugs were given all around and sweet words or encouragement exchanged. We promised to keep in touch. And before I knew it, I was in the car and headed home. And again, no tears. I was beginning to think that I was going to get through this whole 'goodbye' thing without tears...YES!! But, I honestly don't think everything has completely sunk in just yet. Maybe come Monday, when I don't have to get up and throw my scrubs on...I'll realize this is the real deal.
But of course, with goodbyes...it's almost inevitable to have tears. And although I had escaped them thus far, it soon wouldn't be the case. And I blame Trisa completely for the tears that soon streamed down my face. As I pursue my dream of caring for my children full time, I know that some things must be put on the back burner. Seeing my beautiful friends every day is one of them. To the RMEC girls that have been so adoring and kind to me, THANK YOU! You have been so important to me and I am forever indebted to you. I pray that we continue our friendships and that they continue to get stronger and stronger. I love you dearly and am a better person for knowing you.
As for today, my first official day on duty, I soon realized all the great things I was going to be able to experience with my kiddos. I feel like I have missed out on so many parts of their lives, but I have to believe that God was preparing me to be the mom that I so desperately inspire to be. Preparing me by placing me around such wonderful and compassionate women for the last five years. This is going to be such a great ride and I can hardly wait to jump in the saddle!
No comments:
Post a Comment